Direct Mail Marketing Tips For Accountants
Have you ever wondered why you get so much junk mail every single day? The answer is simple, direct mail marketing works. It can be very expensive but if done correctly can quickly and easily offset the costs. The proof is in your mailbox.
A few years back I moved into one of the areas where Google Fiber (Google’s internet service) is offered. A few days after settling into the area, I received a postcard in the mail from Google with offers to sign up for their internet package. It didn’t take me long to realize that if Google the number one internet ad agency in the world was still sending out direct mail to sell their services it must work. If direct mail is working for Google it will work for you.
The following are a few tips to consider when putting together your direct mail marketing campaign:
- Design your postcard in a way that catches your intended audience’s attention. An interesting image or a catchy title or offer are great ways to do this. Some examples of titles and catchphrases are the following: Do You Know, 50% off, Limited Time, First Month Free.
- Use a good medium. You want to make sure your postcard looks professional. Having a postcard that looks good will generally make up for the extra cost.
- Know your audience. Plan ahead what type of clients you are trying to get and design your mailer to cater to their needs.
- Have a plan of action for when you get your leads. Know how you will be converting those leads into clients.
- Get a good list of your target market. Lists with bad addresses or current clients will be a waste of money. Lists can be purchased through various online companies. Always read reviews about the company you are potentially going to use before spending any money.